No Stupid Questions
|My Brother's Keeper||No Stupid Questions||A Member of the Family, Part 1|
Meg Stevens and her mother, Carol, a new beautician in town, have a problem: Carol is divorced and there is no place for Meg to go after school except to the beauty shop. Meg is an inquisitive little girl, and unfortunately, she's beginning to get into the clienteles' hair! Whit learns of Meg's situation and realizes who might be just the right mentor for her. Whit makes a call to the Odyssey Public Library and tells Chris Gottlieb to expect Meg Stevens - she has some questions no one but Chris can answer. Chris is surprised when the inquisitive one turns out to be a 10-year-old girl. But a surprise also awaits Meg - Chris is in a wheelchair. There are a few moments of uncomfortable conversation. Soon, though, the two become fast friends and end up filling an important gap in each others lives.
- Whit told Meg, "There are no stupid questions." What did he mean by that?
- Why was Chris so angry about everything?
- What's the best way to treat someone who has a handicap?
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Meg Stevens||Sue Blue|
- This episode is a re-airing of FP #04: "No Stupid Questions".
- In the early days of Adventures in Odyssey, the regular cast (aside from Whit, Tom Riley, Connie Kendall, June Kendall and the ill-fated David Harley) was constantly shifting. As a result, it wasn't uncommon for characters to appear in only a couple of episodes and actors usually found themselves playing a different character every episode.
QuotesChris Gottlieb: There are no stupid questions.
- This Page On
- http://www.aiohq.com/1988.htm#16%7C AIOHQ
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=2&epmode=detailed#episode16%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1988.htm#OUSA16%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=16%7C Soda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000049.cfm%7C Whits End