When Emily Forbes' dentist finds out that Emily's brother has been terrorizing her into thinking that the dentist is going to pull all her teeth out, he and Emily prepare a plan of their own to show her brother a thing or two.
Seven-year-old Emily Forbes is scheduled for her very first dental appointment. She can hardly wait to go - until her older brother, Mark, describes an imaginary visit to the dentist that would scare the Marquis de Sade. His horror story is so severe that when "D day" arrives, it's a wonder Emily can even be found! But Mark is also scheduled for an appointment. He promises Emily that she will survive the treatment if she imitates her courageous brother, who never flinches, no matter how much blood or pain. Emily sees Dr. Graves first, and her anxious questions show her terror. Dr. Graves gently gets to the source of Emily's warped information. The good dentist promises not to hurt Emily, and together they devise a plan to turn the tables on Mark, giving him a taste of what it feels like to be afraid.
This plot section is in need of expanding, you can help.
Please refer to the Manual of Style for how to structure the plot.
- Why was Mark wrong to tease Emily?
- Have you ever teased anyone that way?
- Were Emily and Dr. Graves right to get back at Mark?
- Do you think all teasing is bad?
- Why or why not?
- How do you think Jesus feels about it?
|Bob Forbes||Roger Scott|
|Emily Forbes||Sage Bolte|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Mark Forbes||Chad Reisser|
- This episode was re-aired from FP #02: "Dental Dilemma".
- Bob Forbes mentions the Soviet Union in this show.
- In the early days of Adventures in Odyssey, the regular cast (aside from Whit, Tom Riley, Connie Kendall and the ill-fated David Harley) was constantly shifting. As a result, it wasn't uncommon for characters to appear in only a couple of episodes and actors usually found themselves playing a different character every episode. For example in this episode Chad Reisser(who would later play Monty Whittaker) plays Mark Forbes, Sage Bolte(who would later play Robyn Jacobs) plays Emily Forbes, and Roger Scott(who would later play George Barclay) plays Bob Forbes.
QuotesMark Forbes: <sarcastically> What’s the magic word?
Jean Forbes: Go!
Mark Forbes: Well, that works too.
Emily Forbes: Frisky doesn't go to the dentist.
Jean Forbes: That's because he's a dog, sweetie. Uh, Bob, why don't dogs go to the dentist?
- This Page On
- http://www.aiohq.com/1988.htm#8%7C AIOHQ
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=2&epmode=detailed#episode8%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1988.htm#OUSA8%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=8#8%7C Soda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000041.cfm%7C Whits End