No Stupid Questions (FP)
|The New Kid in Town||No Stupid Questions||You're Not Going to Believe This|
Meg Stevens and her mother, Carol Stevens, a new beautician in town, have a problem: Carol is divorced and there is no place for Meg to go after school except to the beauty shop. Meg is an inquisitive little girl, and unfortunately, she's beginning to get into the clienteles' hair! Whit learns of Meg's situation and realizes who might be just the right mentor for her. Whit makes a call to the Odyssey Public Library and tells Chris Gottlieb to expect Meg Stevens - she has some questions no one but Chris can answer. Chris is surprised when the inquisitive one turns out to be a 10-year-old girl. But a surprise also awaits Meg - Chris is in a wheelchair. There are a few moments of uncomfortable conversation. Soon, though, the two become fast friends and end up filling an important gap in each other's lives.
Discussion Questions are not available for episodes in the Family Portraits collection. This list is from the re-airred version.
- Whit told Meg, "There are no stupid questions." What did he mean by that?
- Why was Chris so angry about everything?
- What's the best way to treat someone who has a handicap?
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Meg Stevens||Sue Blue|
- The episode begins and ends with Dr. Dobson and Mike Trout discussing the drama.
- This episode was re-aired as #16: “No Stupid Questions”.
- This episode was originally titled "Stupid Questions"
QuotesChris Gottlieb: Pardon me, I stand corrected.
Meg Stevens: You do?
Chris Gottlieb: Pardon me again, I sit corrected.
- This Page On
- http://www.aiohq.com/1987.htm#fp4%7C AIOHQ
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=0&epmode=detailed#episodeFP4 | Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1987.htm#FP4 | Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=-10#-10%7C Soda Fountain