The Amazing Loser
|A Penny Saved||The Amazing Loser||Anger Mismanagement|
On one of the final clues, Barrett meets a small girl who needs two more dollars for shoes because she says that she doesn't have any shoes, so Barrett gives two dollars to the girl, and it turns out that she has dozens of shoes. Barrett and Priscilla believe that the last dollar bill they gave the little girl was the key to their winning. Jay makes fun of Barrett and Priscilla and buys a 'Victory Gum Ball' with his change penny. So Barrett and Priscilla are disappointed and walk slowly back, but as it turns out, the item they needed was a penny! So Barrett and Priscilla win.
 Discussion Questions
- Many historical figures are well known because they put the needs of others before their own comfort or safety. Read Philippians 2:4-8 for the ultimate example. Who are other "heroes of sacrifice"?
- This episode's title is a dual reference to the reality TV shows The Amazing Race and The Biggest Loser.
- In this episode there is a line says "more Cowbell" which is a reference to the SNL sketch "Gotta have more Cowbell"
- In the wrap-up, Chris apologizes to James Sanderson, the writer of "Hail to the Chief," for Jay's parody of that song.
- This is Will Ryan's 300th episode acting.
- The amount of the money the teams are given is off. They are given 5 dollars, then the music book is 99 cents, and finally, they have 2 dollars left, which Barrett uses to pay for the little girl's shoes. But wait! That's only $2.99! Hmm...
- Note: They might have had to buy something else during the hunt.
 QuotesJohn Whittaker: Well, let me say it's been a pleasure to host this year's band camp. I'm really looking forward to hearing what you all learn. Now, to kick things off. We decided to begin with something a little different. A competition.
Jay Smouse: Look out Barrett Jones. Soon you'll be tasting cold steel. The cold steel of my supper time triangle.
Jay Smouse: I love Water World. It's the only time I take a bath.
Priscilla Peterson: Ew!
Priscilla Peterson: Did you know your nose crinkles up when you get excited?
Barrett Jones: Huh?
Jay Smouse: <to tune of Hail to the Chief> Hail to Jay Smouse who wins the scavenger hunt. Barrett Jones loses cause he's such a chump.
- This Page On
- http://www.aiohq.com/YEAR.htm#113%7C AIOHQ
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=4&epmode=detailed#episode113%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1987.htm#OUSA1%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=113%7C Soda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000148.cfm%7C Whits End