All the Difference in the World
|Share and Share Alike||All the Difference in the World||St. Paul: The Man from Tarsus|
Danny Schmidt goes against his parent's wishes when they tell him not to watch a video because it goes against their beliefs as Christians.
Danny spends the night at his new friend Jeff Marsden's house. The two of them decide to watch a movie, one which Danny isn’t allowed to watch. Danny tells his parents about it the next day, and they are upset with him.
But Danny is even more upset at his strict parents. He feels they won’t let him do anything that the other kids get to do, just because his parents are Christians. So Danny decides he doesn’t want to be a Christian anymore. Not only that, but the next time he spends the night at Jeff’s house, Danny is the one who suggests that they watch an inappropriate movie. This time, both Jeff’s and Danny’s parents walk in, right in the middle of the movie.
Back at home, Danny’s folks are furious with him. They explain that they are trying to lead Jeff’s parents to Jesus. But it’s difficult when Danny, a boy who calls himself a Christian, blatantly disobeys his parents, causes his friend to disobey his parents, and watches a video that he knows he’s not supposed to see. Danny’s parents remind him that Christians are called to witness about how Jesus changes lives. Danny says he understands. He agrees to, once again, start living like a follower of Christ. After all, being a Christian makes all the difference in the world.
 Discussion Questions
- Danny felt that he didn’t get to do the things all the other kids could do. Was he right?
- Explain your answer.
- Have you ever felt like Danny?
- What did you do about it?
- Why is it important for Christians to watch how they behave?
|Anne Marsden||Ann Ault|
|Brooke Myers||Amber Arnold|
|Danny Schmidt||Danny Schmittler|
|Jack Allen||Alan Young|
|Jeff Marsden||Jeff Ellison|
|Laura Schmidt||Mimi Monaco|
|Ron Marsden||Bill Myers|
|Steven Schmidt||Bill Pomeroy|
- A video game is mentioned here called "Hyper Malaria Brothers", a very humorous take on the name of the popular video game franchise "Super Mario Brothers".
- Writer and director Paul McCusker has mentioned that he feels that this episode is weak and wishes he had done a better job.
 QuotesSteven Schmidt: Come on Danny. What was it called?
Danny Schmidt: Maybe it was called something like Slime Creatures From Sludge City?
Danny Schmidt: What does she know. She's only a babysitter.
Danny Schmidt: I kinda did something stupid at Jeff's and learned the hard way that my parents were right.
Jack Allen: Well, at least you learned.
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=9&epmode=detailed#episode303%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1995.htm#AIO303%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=303%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000436.cfm%7CWhits End