- Main article: Allen family
During Jack's first several seasons on the show, he was a widower; however, he later marries Joanne Woodston. Jack Allen's first wife was Emily, who was not a Christian and died from a stroke. He and his wife Joanne own J & J Antiques. Jack mentions in Share and Share Alike and Seeing Red that he is/was a grandfather, though we've never heard anything more about his grandchild(ren).
 Friends and Personal Life
Jack was originally born in Nebraska. Jack was childhood friends with John Whittaker, his youth is featured in a number of episodes. In the album 36 Danger Signals two-part episode titled "The Triangle", Jack professed his love for Jenny Whittaker before he found out that Jenny and John Whittaker were in love. Jack originally came to Odyssey in the 2-part episodes #280: “Gone...” and #281: “...But Not Forgotten” filling in for the loss of Whit (the voice actor Hal Smith had died). For a number of years, he co-manages "Whit's End", but eventually he and Joanne open the "J and J Antiques". Jack is known for his passive nature, preferring to remain behind-the-scenes rather than take aggressive action or confront enemies. This attitude is displayed by his actions in the Blackgaard saga and the Novacom saga. Jack's personality often clashes with that of Jason Whittaker, with whom he co-managed "Whit's End" for a time; while Jason wants to implement the latest technology and take numerous risks, Jack urges caution. Despite their differences, the two remain friends, even sharing a house for much of the series. Jack is also known for his frequent premonitory dreams.
 Things You Might Not Know
- Jack and Joanne Allen's address is 813 Harper St.
- Jack and Joanne Allen's wedding was Sept./ Oct. of 1997(#373: “For Whom The Wedding Bells Toll, Part 2”).
- According to Townsend Coleman, Jack's character was created as a split between both halves of Whit's distinctive personality. While Jason played out Whit's adventurous and rambunctious side, Jack portrayed Whit's level-headed and wise side.
- Jack's first name is a tribute to C.S. "Jack" (C.S.) Lewis and his last name honors Alan Young.
- Jack didn't like geometry in school.
- Jack attended UCLA for college and used to work at an auction house in Pasadena, CA at the same time John Whittaker was attending USC(#464: “The Triangle, Part 1”).
- Jack dated Jenny Whittaker (Whit's wife) for a while(#464: “The Triangle, Part 1”).
- Jack has known Whit since he was a boy.(#297: “Blackbeard's Treasure”).
- Jack has a penpal.(#464: “The Triangle, Part 1”).
- Jack helped start B-TV in (#298: “I Want My B-TV”).
- Jack once used Whit in.(#365: “Clara”).
- Jack thought Whit did not want to see him anymore but he was wrong.(#365: “Clara”).
- Jack says he wears glasses (#471: “Fifteen Minutes”), but almost all illustrations don't show them.
- Jack is 5 feet 10 inches tall.
- Jack has gray eyes.
- Joanne is really Jack's second wife.
See, Allen Family quotes.