Adventures in Odyssey Wiki:Town Hall
|Please only put discussions related to the wiki here. If you have any Adventures in Odyssey related questions, please post them here. |
The Town Hall is a place where users can meet and discuss larger changes to the wiki, such as policy proposals, new ways of displaying and organizing information ect. It serves as a way for anyone to get involved without having to find the relevant discussion page. Messages should be left on this page, not on the talk page. New discussions should be placed at the bottom.
New Feature For Characters
- No it doesn't. At least, I don't see it. Romans 8:28 -Sunnys <BIBLE|-- ><> (talk)
- It already says this:
Matthew Parker Matthewparker.png Number of Episodes 39 First Episode 655: The Inspiration Station, Part 1 (2010) Last Episode 726: Push the Red Button (2012),
Album 57 Cover
- Focus asked me to take it down for now, so i did, it will return on Friday (if you had looked at the change logs you'd know that) and if you want to be private don't log into your account anybody can look back and see who made an edit, signing your edit is just a common decency Reddo (talk) 23:45, 13 March 2013 (MDT)
Charles Thompson discussion page
I noticed that on almost all of the articles, the first mention of the pagename is not bolded, but on some it is. I couldn't find any MoS, so which one is supposed to be on articles? Also, every time AIO is mentioned, shouldn't it be "Adventures in Odyssey" instead of being abbreviated "AIO"? These are both just MoS questions, so if you have one, could someone please link me to it? Drewlzoo(talk)
One more question - shouldn't all articles, specifically ones about characters and actors, start by saying what the article is about? The Jaime Wentworth article, for example, is very confusing to me. I have no idea if Jaime Wentworth is an actor or a character. I can figure it out by reading the rest of the article, but it's not very convenient. I edited Kevin Killerman so that it says at the beginning of the article that he's a character. I know I'm a total newbie here, so sorry for just coming in and making all these suggestions. I know how awkward it can be. :S Drewlzoo(talk)
For the bolded names, it looks to me like articles are supposed to be like that. I've seen a bunch of non-stub articles that are like that, so I'm going to try and fix the rest if that's okay. Drewlzoo(talk)
- I think you can tell if it is an actor or a character by seeing if it says "voiced by". Skylerbuck (talk) 15:08, 29 March 2013 (MDT)
- Yes, like I said above, you can easily figure out that they are an actor or character, but it really should be changed. On Wikipedia for example. The Wal-Mart article starts by saying it's a retail store. It doesn't start by saying what it's history is. If you still think it doesn't matter, that's fine. I just thought I should explain it better. :) Drewlzoo(talk)
- I agree we really should have one, I\ve been thinking for a while we need a more consistent way of doing things but I usually handle more the the features end of things and I've been busy with some things in real life. Would you be willing to help us write Adventures in Odyssey Wiki:Manual of Style? Reddo (talk) 15:18, 30 March 2013 (MDT)
- I just wrote the general MoS. There should still be some written for more specific articles (like episodes, albums, actors, etc.). It's mainly based off Wikipedia's MoS. Honestly, it really doesn't go along with most of the articles here. It's totally fine with me if you change it, but this is what most wikis use. Here's the link - (User:Drew1200/MoS). Thanks for letting me do this. :) Drewlzoo(talk)
- Do you guys approve of this? If you do, I can start formatting all the articles to fit it correctly. Drewlzoo(talk)
I like the information on the MoS so far. I added some potential guidelines for episode pages for plot and quotes. It might be good to have some sort of guidelines for character pages too? Changes to what I did are ok. I really like the idea of a MoS though. --Isaiah 40:31 ~ Jason ~ (talk) 16:20, 29 July 2013 (MDT)
- I disagree, it would be hard to keep up to date and serves no purpose Reddo (talk) 15:11, 30 March 2013 (MDT)
I just realized
- Wow, that's a lot of users! Drewlzoo(talk)
- Hey, Guys! I'm a little new, but odyssey is my absolute favorite thing and I use AIOWIKI all of the time, so I figured I may as well help share info, since I LOVE odyssey SO much. Could you give me a few pointers?! :) - User:Icecream57 Welcome to Adventures in Odyssey Wiki!
- Okay, thanks! Umm.....so how do I start, and what are a few things that I NEED to know about editing? - User:Icecream57 (Welcome to Adventures in Odyssey Wiki!
need to make... I don't know... Episode packs for this website. It is exhausting to put "Her favorite episodes are Prisoners of Fear, Part 1, Prisoners of Fear, Part 2, and Prisoners of Fear, Part 3." What if we could just put Prisoners of Fear, or something like that. - Sunnys <BIBLE|-- ~Talk~
next air date
recent changes page
when i try and go to the recent changes page a unresponsive script thing comes up. i pasted the script name in below, can someone fix this?
I think there should be a chat box or something so users could chat online instead of carrying on a conversation on the user pages. Just a suggestion :) AshleyWhittaker (talk) 15:38, 25 April 2013 (MDT)
- Well are a wiki not a chatting site, feel free to chat on your user pages, although you can do that on one of 3 wonderful AIO forums, Too, CC, and SS. Skylerbuck (Male, Canadian, Admin) (talk) 19:30, 25 April 2013 (MDT)
- Yeah, I know. I'm on the ToO and SS, but I just thought it would be cool if we could chat right from AIOWiki :) AshleyWhittaker (talk) 11:04, 26 April 2013 (MDT)
Your making it impossible for Phone users to stay on Desktop!? I tried going to several pages--after I switched to regular. Yeah, didn't work.
As some of you may have noticed I am not been editing as much lately, the reason for this is I am trying to get my grades up from an 85 percent. I am also trying to further my relationship with God. Also I have track which I placed 4th in the Saskatchewan Prairie Spirit Conference in the 3000m.With all of this I'm still managing to keep up with spam, my summer will be even more busy, so I might not be editing much within the next few months, although I will get on as much as I feel is right. For now, Skylerbuck (Male, Canadian, Admin) (talk) 18:57, 24 May 2013 (MDT)
mediawiki 1.21 update
Summer 2013 to-do list
There is some things that I would like to be completed on the wiki over the next few months.
I am creating a page for the summer editing projects, so we can keep progress.
I do realize people are busy in the summer, (as am I), although I still want to to get some things done throughout the wiki.
Album Release Countdown
What if we added an official countdown for Adventures In Odyssey's Album #57. Counting down the Months, Weeks, Days and Hours. Is this something that can be added? I was told by WhitsEnd.org that Album 57 will be coming out in October, so, I thought the countdown might be helpful.
Finally got the font to look right... I'm new here. :) ~* KniftyKnitPicks *~ (talk) 17:35, 5 July 2013 (MDT)
- Welcome KniftyKnitPicks, did they happen to mention a date in October when it comes out? also that's only for the album version, the digital version comes out sometime in August although we don't know when, We also don't know when it's supposed to start airing on the radio so we can't do a countdown for that either Reddo (talk) 17:54, 6 July 2013 (MDT)
I noticed PeachyKeen put something about an episode called "The Launch" on the Future Album 58 page. Do we have any evidence of this? I would have undone it, but I wanted to make sure. - Sunnys <BIBLE|-- ~Talk~
New Infobox help
Sometimes once I add the new Infobox, it says the rating bar isn't allowed for episodes that haven't aired yet. I can't igure out what I did wrong or how to fix it. One example is Something Old, Something New, Part 2. If someone could tell me how to prevent this from happening I'd be grateful.--Isaiah 40:31 ~ Jason ~ (talk) 16:36, 12 August 2013 (MDT)
- I would wait until Reddo returns. Skylerbuck (Male, Canadian, Admin) (talk) 17:05, 12 August 2013 (MDT)
MoS Character Pages
- I think it would be nice to have set guidelines for what we want in character pages. Right now each character is pretty much different from everyone else. It would be nice to have more of a structured outline that each character page follows. I edited Jack Allen a little bit today. I thought maybe Jack could be a model/guinea pig to decide how to format/what info should be included in the character pages. If there's any suggestions or what not please add it here for discussion.--Isaiah 40:31 ~ Jason ~ (talk) 17:19, 19 August 2013 (MDT)
Novacom "family tree"
Someone should make a page which shows the "family tree" of Novacom, based on what Mitch said in Grand Opening, Part 2. I'd do it, except I don't know the formatting. Gooey98 ~ (talk) 22:08, 26 October 2013 (MDT)
I have a purge button but I don't think you do; however, whenever Reddo does something with server, it will fix all of them. (I blanked on what its called) Stop Wooton' Around (talk) 20:52, 11 December 2013 (MST)
- Further input would be necessary but my opinion is no. We had a rash of cosmetic issues on this wiki a little while back. I was guilty of it and by cosmetic issues I mean worrying about signatures, polls, etc. It just blew up the recent changes for non-contextual edits. I liken the top edit thing to this, because it will become a competition to see who has the most edits. And trust me I get it, I did it. We want to have as many edits as Reddo and Erwin, but I have now see that it doesn't matter how many edits but the quality of them. (hence why over 1000 of mine have been deleted). That is simply my take on it but I welcome more input. Stop Wooton' Around (talk) 22:13, 11 December 2013 (MST)