The Perfect Witness, Part 2
|The Perfect Witness, Part 1||The Perfect Witness, Part 2||The Perfect Witness, Part 3|
After Jenny Roberts (a blind girl) is kidnapped, she finds that she can use her other senses to remember what happened and solve the mystery.
With Jenny Roberts’s help, Detective Pat Ethan begins to unravel the mystery. Ethan returns to Holstein's Books to ask about the stolen, rare Haugaard book, which Holstein had ordered for Dr. Marcus. Captain Richard Quinn and Detective Ethan meet. The detective explains how Eugene Meltsner’s stolen car was recovered at a gas station in a nearby town.
Ethan continues to question Jenny, who remembers more details about the surroundings of the kidnappers’ hideout. Using sound effect discs, Jenny is able to identify the sound of an industrial pneumatic chisel, used at demolition sites. Quinn says Eugene’s car had concrete dust on it, perhaps from a demolition site. They rush to the scene of an abandoned building for clues to the robber's hideout, and discover Katrina's knapsack...with the Haugaard book inside.
This plot section is in need of expanding, you can help.
Please refer to the Manual of Style for how to structure the plot.
- What was the big mistake the robbers made in taking Jenny hostage?
- Have you ever misjudged anyone by their outward appearance?
- If so, what did you learn from your mistake?
- PARENTS: This three-part mystery includes an armed robbery and kidnapping, which are played and replayed throughout all three parts. Although no one gets hurt in the episodes, they may be too intense for younger listeners.
- Frank Faylen was an actor from the 1930s through the 1960s. He played Ernie Bishop, the cabdriver in It's a Wonderful Life.
QuotesFred Holstein: Excuse me while I assist this person whom I have never seen before.
Harlow Doyle: But Fred, if you never saw her before, how do you know it's her?
Fred Holstein: Oh my, that is an excellent question. I'll get back to you on that.
Detective Pat Ethan: Was the book in an envelope of some kind?
Fred Holstein: Oh no! Slap your tongue!
Fred Holstein: I can only suspect that they were not knowledgeable thieves with knowingness.
Detective Pat Ethan: How're you doing Jenny? You must be getting tired.
Jenny Roberts: Yeah I am. but I don't wanna stop. I don't want the trail to get cold.
Harlow Doyle: The old hit em with a large reference dictionary trick. Know it well.
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=9&epmode=detailed#episode310%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1995.htm#AIO310%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=310%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000443.cfm%7CWhits End