The Case of the Delinquent Disciples
|Terror from the Skies||The Case of the Delinquent Disciples||Pilgrim's Progress Revisited, Part 1|
Harlow Doyle is prowling around Whit's End, looking for a case. Nothing seems to be cropping up, until Connie walks in and tells Whit that she's not going to teach her Tuesday night Bible study anymore. Her students have been disappearing over the past few weeks. Harlow gets interested. Missing persons cases were a specialty of his back in detective school. So he takes off to find Connie's students, with typically goofy results.
But Whit does a little detective work of his own. He discovers that there is a good reason why Connie's students haven't been showing up lately: Connie hasn't been preparing her lessons well. Whit is able to show Connie that she may have the gift of teaching, but she still needs to study. Studying would show Connie to be a worker approved by God (2 Timothy 2:15). As Whit puts it, just because the Red Sea was miraculously parted doesn't mean we don't need to build bridges.
 Discussion Questions
- Why did Connie's students quit coming to her Bible study?
- Were they wrong to stop? Sort of.
- Why or why not?
- Connie thought that having the gift of teaching meant she didn't have to study. Why is that untrue?
- Have you ever thought of quitting a Bible study or a church?
- Why should you keep going?
- Is there ever a good reason to stop attending a Bible study or church?
- If so, what would be a good reason?
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Courtney Vincent||Sara Buskirk|
|Harlow Doyle||Will Ryan|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
- After "The Case of the Delinquent Disciples," the team decided that Harlow Doyle was better suited as a secondary character. From this episode on, Harlow was used in small doses.
 QuotesConnie Kendall: It happened in the Bible!
John Whittaker: So did parting the Red Sea, but we still build bridges.
- This Page On
- http://www.aiohq.com/1993.htm#249%7C AIOHQ
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=7&epmode=detailed#episode249%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1993.htm#AIO249%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=249%7C Soda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000283.cfm%7C Whits End