|The Star, Part 2||Room Mates||You Gotta Be Wise|
The Campbell County Community College dormitories are getting their once-every-10-years fumigation, and Eugene finds himself homeless. Bernard runs into Eugene and opens up his home to him, after all, they are distantly related. Eugene accepts Bernard’s offer, and the new odd couple is born.
The two of them unintentionally drive each other crazy. Despite this, Eugene feels obligated to not only stay with Bernard, but also to pay him back for his kindness. So Eugene tries to help Bernard with his work.
This leads to one disaster after another, culminating when Bernard’s scaffolding collapses, while he’s standing at the top of it! Bernard gets a severely sprained ankle and several bad bruises. Eugene feels terrible. He visits Bernard and apologizes for being so stubborn. Bernard, after a bit of prodding from Whit, also apologizes. They both understand a little bit better what it means to ”love your neighbor as yourself.”
This plot section is in need of expanding, you can help.
Please refer to the Manual of Style for how to structure the plot.
- Why were Bernard and Eugene always so much at odds?
- Why did Bernard find it so hard to apologize to Eugene?
- What does it mean to “love your neighbor as yourself”?
|Bernard Walton||Dave Madden|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Mr. Wilcox||Phil Lollar|
- This is the final episode to use the original AIO theme song.
- Bernard mentions that he is going to wash the windows at the old Chatwick house on Chatwick hill. This place is mentioned in the episode #39: “The Case of the Secret Room, Part 1”
- This is the last episode with Chris saying "We'll be back with more Adventures in Odyssey right after this"
QuotesBernard Walton: I'm not against what other people think! I mean, it's not my fault they're wrong!
Eugene Meltsner: To borrow the colloquialism, I am without perspiration.
Bernard Walton: Huh?
Eugene Meltsner: No sweat.
Bernard Walton: Maybe we could enjoy ourselves with some bachelor kinds of things.
Eugene Meltsner: Oh! You mean things like, wearing the same pair of socks for several days! Or shaking up a soda can to see who hits the ceiling with the spray!
Eugene Meltsner: Now let's, uh, punch the highway!
Bernard Walton: You mean hit the road.
Eugene Meltsner: Mr. Whittaker, the man used a SQUEEGEE on my computer!
Eugene Meltsner: Mr. Walton, are you alright?
Bernard Walton: Apart from being pinned under my scaffolding, and suffering from countless bruises, and probably even a broken leg, I'm just dandy. Why do you ask?
Eugene Meltsner: I came here to apologize, and apologize I shall. Ahem. Mr. Walton, I'm sorry for being so much like you.
Bernard Walton: What?!
Eugene Meltsner: A stubborn, know-it-all, to borrow the colloquialism.
Bernard Walton: That's an apology!?
Bernard Walton: College kids. They think they know everything, just because they can punch a few buttons on a computer.
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=5&epmode=detailed#episode178%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1991.htm#AIO178%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=178%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000212.cfm%7CWhits End