|Isaac the True Friend||Peacemaker||A Model Child|
Whit gathers Connie, Jessie, and Donna together for a meeting. The church’s elders have decided to make next week Compassion Week, seven days of programs designed to help those in need. Because of their particular talents, Whit wants the three young ladies to come up with an idea to help raise food, clothing, or money for the homeless. The three agree and immediately decide to discuss ideas.
Things get off to a slow start, though. After more than an hour of sitting and staring, Jessie decides to go home. Connie says the least they can do before they break up is decide who will lead their group. Donna volunteers, but Jessie thinks Donna always wants to be the leader. Donna hotly remarks that Jessie is too unreliable and disorganized to lead the group. This causes a huge rift between them, with Connie stuck in the middle.
Connie reports what has happened to Whit. He says Connie needs to play peacemaker in order to get the two girls speaking to each other and working together again. Connie tries, and at first she makes things worse. But finally, she gets Donna and Jessie to start working on their idea for helping the homeless, and it ends up being a smashing success. Blessed are the peacemakers, indeed.
 Discussion Questions
- Where did Connie go wrong when she first tried to get Donna and Jessie together?
- What does it mean to be a peacemaker?
- Does your church or community have a program to help the poor and homeless?
- If so, are you a part of it?
- Why or why not?
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Donna Barclay||Azure Janosky|
|George Barclay||Chuck Bolte|
|Jessie Morales||Erin Morales|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
- The Third World Banquet in this script was based on a real-life banquet at Phil Lollar's church. The attendees ate the kind of meager food a good portion of the world eats every day. The experience was designed to teach them how blessed we are.
- The 'Peacemaker' was originally going to be Lucy instead of Connie.
 QuotesJessie Morales: Connie, I really thought a woman of your age would know better.
Connie Kendall: Wha... what do you mean, a woman of my age??!!
Jessie Morales: Uh oh, what's this? The two of you are gonna gang up on me now? Maybe ridicule me for not putting my clothes in chronological order?
Donna Barclay: No...
Connie Kendall: ..."chronological"?
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=5&epmode=detailed#episode162%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1991.htm#AIO162%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=162%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000197.cfm%7CWhits End