I Want My B-TV
|Blackbeard's Treasure||I Want My B-TV||The Truth About Zachary|
Bernard is cleaning the local television station and overhears a conversation between the station manager and his program supplier. The station manager is unhappy with the quality of the programs the supplier is sending him. They all seem to be about dinosaurs. Bernard tells the manager that he knows of several local people who could probably put on an entertaining show.
The station manager loves Bernard’s idea. Bernard goes back to Whit's End, gathers the gang, and tells them that they are now all part of a television variety show. They brainstorm ideas and come up with a variety of sketches, jokes, and fascinating facts about many subjects. The gang even amusingly retells an old fairy tale. Welcome to “B-TV”!
This plot section is in need of expanding, you can help.
Please refer to the Manual of Style for how to structure the plot.
- Why is it important to be careful about what you listen to and watch?
- How can TV, movies, and music affect people?
- What do you think the Dudley and Mudley sketch was really about?
- Think about the Percival sketch. What’s the best way to study the Bible?
- In this episode, the variety show “B-TV” was born. Originally, it was called “C-TV”, hosted by Connie. But the team felt that the best person to fill that role was Bernard, a natural storyteller.
- This episode was made into an AIO Activity Pack, I Want My B-TV, Volume 1
- Guy Feldstein uses a catchphrase, "quality but cheap," while talking to a supplier about shows. He later uses the same phrase in other episodes he appeared in.
- Eugene's (rather humorous) attempt at telling the story of the Three Little Pigs was originally going to be used for the episode "It Happened at Four Corners", but it had to be cut for time.
- This show tells of how B-TV got started. It is the first to use the B-TV format of storytelling.
- The episode's parody TV shows include references to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Barney and Friends, and Transformers. Whilet he Garfunkel name is referencing 70's artist's Simon and Garfunkel
- Although Connie's voice is heard many times throughout the episode, her name is never actually mentioned therefore she is not technically in the episode.
QuotesEugene: In a certain era, there lived a trio of swine. Who struggled to construct protective domiciles from the imminent attack of the malevolent canis lupis.
Blarney: Hi kids. I'm Blarney, the Rhinosaur. (very bad singing) I hug you. You hug me, we're a hugging family.
Dudley: Tapestries! Where are my tapestries?
Sam Johnson: Why didn't they play cards on Noah's ark?
Courtney Vincent: Why?
Sam Johnson: Because Noah sat on the deck!
Sam Johnson: What man in the bible had no parents?
Courtney Vincent: I give up.
Sam Johnson: Joshua, the son of Nun.
Guy Feldstein: You know my morning kids program?
Bernard Walton: Yeah, Soapy Waters and the Suds Factory? Oh sure, I like him. (Singing) Listen to me all you mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters, it's time to clean your TV screens with me! I'm soapy waters.
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=9&epmode=detailed#episode298%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1995.htm#AIO298%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=298%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000431.cfm%7CWhits End