And the Glory
|The Power||And the Glory||Forever, Amen|
The Odyssey Coyotes are closer to the championship than they’ve ever been, thanks to Pete Flanagan’s pitching. Pete has been working hard on his skills. In fact, he’s even skipped Sunday school just to get in some pitching practice. Whit warns Pete he needs to spend time with God, who gave him his pitching talent. Pete promises to get back to church, just as soon as the season is over.
Later, in a decisive game, Pete dives to catch the ball for the win. He injures his arm in the process. The Coyotes’s only available backup pitcher is Henry Thomas. Pete takes Henry under his broken wing and teaches him how to be a great pitcher. Henry rises to the occasion magnificently, and promptly forgets that Pete was the one who taught him how to win games.
The championship arrives. Henry struggles through it, barely hanging on to the Coyotes’s lead. Pete tries to give Henry advice that will win the game, but Henry will have none of it. He decides to forget Pete completely and do what he wants. As a result, the Coyotes lose the game. Pete realizes that just as Henry turned his back on Pete, he turned his back on the Lord. He was guilty of ignoring the one who should receive all the glory, God.
This plot section is in need of expanding, you can help.
Please refer to the Manual of Style for how to structure the plot.
- Why did Pete stop going to Sunday school?
- Was it for a good reason?
- Is there ever a good reason to ignore God?
- Explain your answers.
- Why did Henry start ignoring Pete?
- Why is it important to always give God the glory for everything?
- How can you do that today?
|Dale Jacobs||Phil Lollar|
|Henry Thomas||Andrew Gillespie|
|Jimmy Barclay||David Griffin|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Lawrence Hodges||Gabriel Encarnacion|
|Pete Flanagan||Gabe Tigerman|
|Tom Riley||Walker Edmiston|
- Pete says that he asked his catcher if he saw the latest "Star Quest" episode. As revealed in AIO video #5, "Star Quest" is a parody of Star Trek.
- Jimmy announces the song "Breathing Like a Moose", played by the Bullwinkle Band; a reference to The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.
QuotesJimmy: And, we'll be back after this moment of silence for the US troops in, uh, uh, in
Lawrence Hodges: Canada!
Jimmy: In Canada.
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=7&epmode=detailed#episode240%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1993.htm#AIO240%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=240%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000274.cfm%7CWhits End