A Test for Robyn
|Hold Up!||A Test for Robyn||The Cross of Cortes, Part 1|
Robyn Jacobs hasn't been studying for her tests and her grades are beginning to slip. In an effort to increase her marks, she tries to find a good way to study.
Robyn Jacobs is bored with studying and wants to play a game of Chinese checkers with Melanie. But Melanie refuses because she’s studying for an English test she has at the end of the week. Mel reminds her sister that Robyn also has a test, in history, at the end of the week. Robyn says that she’ll cram for it on Thursday night.
The next day, however, Robyn discovers that there is much more to the test than she thought. She asks Whit and Eugene for help on how to study. They offer several theories and tips, which Robyn unsuccessfully tries. Finally, the night before the test, she turns to her parents in desperation. After admonishing Robyn for procrastinating, they help her cram for the test.
The next morning, Melanie tests Robyn all the way to school. Robyn discovers, to her delight, that she actually does know the material. But that afternoon when Melanie asks Robyn how she did, Robyn says she went blank. After dinner that night, Robyn is distraught. When her mother tries to comfort her, Robyn reveals the real reason for her distress, she cheated. Her mother comforts her, and the next day they figure out a solution to her dilemma. Robyn vows from now on to study for tests in advance.
 Discussion Questions
- Why is it a bad idea to put off studying until the last minute?
- Why didn’t Whit’s study methods work for Robyn?
- Have you ever gone blank on a test? How did you handle it?
|Ann Jacobs||Ann Ault|
|Dale Jacobs||Phil Lollar|
|Eugene Meltsner||Will Ryan|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Melanie Jacobs||Erin Bolte|
|Madman Mike||Will Ryan|
|Robyn Jacobs||Sage Bolte|
- This episode was made into an AIO Activity Pack, Volume #6.
- Robyn says she cheated off of Jeremy Price. Jeremy was mentioned long ago in #36: “Kid's Radio” when Sherman (b) knocked him off his skateboard.
 QuotesEugene Meltsner: Studying, there are few things I appreciate more than an evening burning the midnight oil. Pouring over text after text in search of things I haven't learned or mastered. Alas, such evenings are very rare now.
Melanie Jacobs: Because you're almost finished with college?
Eugene Meltsner: No. Because I know almost everything there is to know.
Melanie Jacobs: <under her breath> Oh, please.
Eugene Meltsner: You'll have to pardon my momentary lack of comprehension, but what in the world are you talking about?!
Eugene Meltsner: May I inquire to the source of your depression?
Melanie Jacobs: She just lost a hundred dollars.
Robyn Jacobs: Tell the whole world, Melanie!
Eugene Meltsner: You misplaced one hundred dollars? Then I would suggest an immediate search of the area and perhaps a call to the police.
Melanie Jacobs: She didn't lose the money out of her pocket; she just didn't win it...
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=5&epmode=detailed#episode170%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1991.htm#AIO170%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=170%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000205.cfm%7CWhits End