Waylaid in the Windy City, Part 2
|Waylaid in the Windy City, Part 1||Waylaid in the Windy City, Part 2||Last in a Long Line|
Whit coordinates with Agent Frank Phillips, who insists that his squad be there to capture the doctor. So, under the clock tower, Whit waits. The agents watch him closely through their surveillance equipment. Suddenly, Whit disappears! Whit has been grabbed by Richard Maxwell, Blackgaard’s former assistant. Richard insists that he's out to get revenge against Blackgaard. Richard claims he's there to help Whit, but Whit is unsure of what to believe. Since Richard also claims to know where Blackgaard is holding Connie, Whit decides to trust him and go along.
Our story comes to a climax in a warehouse owned by Blackgaard. But there are a few more twists left in the story. Richard forces Blackgaard to his knees, Whit intercedes, and there's at least one character who isn't who he pretends to be. Along the way, we learn important lessons about the folly of revenge, deception, and greed. And Blackgaard, who never seems to learn anything from his experiences, vows that he will have his own revenge against John Avery Whittaker.
This plot section is in need of expanding, you can help.
Please refer to the Manual of Style for how to structure the plot.
- If you were Whit, would you have trusted Richard Maxwell? Do you think Richard had changed for better or for worse? Explain.
- Read Proverbs 29:25. How has the Lord kept you safe lately?
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|Frank Phillips||Greg Berg|
|John Whittaker||Hal Smith|
|Regis Blackgaard||Earl Boen|
|Richard Maxwell||Nathan Carlson|
- For writer Paul McCusker, the inspiration for this show came from an actual news item in England! Apparently, someone in the British military stopped for a short time to use the bathroom, leaving his laptop computer containing all kinds of military secrets on his front seat. When he returned, someone had stolen it! Paul shifted the idea into Whit getting involved in a luggage mix-up.
- These episodes were made into an AIO Activity Pack, Waylaid in the Windy City, Volume #4.
- This episode takes place away from Odyssey: Episodes That Take Place Away from Odyssey
QuotesConnie Kendall: You have more loopholes than a spaghetti strainer!
Regis Blackgaard: Ah, yes, that Odyssian humor...
John Whittaker: Don't you understand that when you go out for revenge, you've gotta dig two graves! One for the person you're after and one for yourself! Richard, there's no such thing as revenge, not really. It never replaces what you lost. It never restores. It doesn't even satisfy. You're out of the detention center now. You've got you're whole life ahead of you! Now please, give me the gun!
Regis Blackgaard: Laugh now Whittaker, but I'm not finished with you. Not by a long shot.
John Whittaker: Those are a lot of maybes.
Richard Maxwell: Six, to be exact.
Regis Blackgaard: No, no, no, no, no, Miss Kendall! Don't try to think! Leave that to me.
Frank Phillips: Alright, nobody move.
Connie Kendall: Not again.
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=5&epmode=detailed#episode156%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1991.htm#AIO156%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=156%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000191.cfm%7CWhits End