The W.E. (episode)
|B-TV: Obedience||The W.E.||Green Eyes and Yellow Tulips|
The mystery lull continues at Whit's End, but what is causing it? The new Novacom Kids Center, that's what. Whit and Nick Mulligan decide to check out the kids center and find that there are a lot of fast-paced, fun adventures for the kids to explore. Whit walks to Tom Riley's farm and the two of them talk about how significant they still are to the kids of Odyssey. Tom encourages Whit to ask the kids for some suggestions on how to improve Whit's End, which Whit does. The ideas pour in and Whit closes the shop for a few weeks to make some changes. When the shop finally opens, the kids love most of the changes:
- You can order from the tables via computerized display.
- Whit has added a gladiator room.
- The Imagination Station speeds through adventures.
Even the name is changed to "The W.E.".
In the midst of all the excitement a woman named Mary Hopkins comes in to check out the place. She doesn't like the changes and suggests Whit change things back to the way they were. She goes even further by saying that she wants Whit to franchise Whit's End. She tells him about how her organization will sponsor him in opening a Whit's End in Connellsville. Whit needs time to think it over, but this sounds like just the sort of inspiration he needs.
This plot section is in need of expanding, you can help.
Please refer to the Manual of Style for how to structure the plot.
- Why did Whit feel discouraged by the lack of kids at Whit's End?
- How did Tom suggest Whit deal with his feelings?
- Why did Whit change Whit's End?
- Do you think the changes were a good thing?
- Why or why not?
- When is it time to change the way something is done?
- Is change always a good thing?
- When can it be a bad thing?
- When can it be a good thing?
|Connie Kendall||Katie Leigh|
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
|Liz Horton||Lauren Schaffel|
|Mary Hopkins||Natalie O'Hare|
|Nathaniel Graham||Blake Ewing|
|Nick Mulligan||Chris Castile|
|Tom Riley||Walker Edmiston|
- When Nathaniel is looking at the Tower of Babel display, you can hear many clips from the episode The Tower, an Imagination Station adventure that Nathaniel took.
QuotesTom Riley: I just got back. What are you doing?
John Whittaker: Oh, just taking a walk through your orchard.
Tom Riley: Well, you're not gonna get very far standing on a ladder.
Nick Mulligan: Alright, Here's number one, a climbing wall with ropes so no one gets hurt.
John Whittaker: Ok, but what's the purpose?
Nick Mulligan: It could teach a Bible story. It could be the climbing wall of Jericho.
John Whittaker: (laughs) They didn't climb that wall. They marched around it and blew trumpets.
Nick Mulligan: Well, that's no fun!
- This Page On