The Truth Be Told
Wooton narrates a story about Josiah King. Josiah is working in the library with Daren Grey, a computer whiz who loves sunflower seeds. Suddenly, a seed flicked into an opening slot in the computer causing it to explode. Josiah becomes trapped in a room full of Bibles that have been banned from the library. The toxic fumes seeping into the room combined with Josiah's Bible reading turned him into a superhero called Captain Absolutely! Jill Segler gets asked to do a trial assignment for a newspaper called the Odyssey Tribune. Her assignment is to go to Whits end and get the scoop about rumored brain washing going on there. Jill goes to whits end and Connie shows her around. Leslie goes to join them. As Wooton begins to narrate, Captain Absolutely goes to the Mayor's office and tells him to read the Bible. Captain Absolutely is summoned to the computer factory via a police scanner. He arrives before the police and finds a arch enemy called Dr. Relative who is stealing a computer. Dr. Relative zaps Captain Absolutely with his defieratron which reminds the victim of everything they've done wrong. the Captain soon blacks out. Connie shows Jill and Leslie inventions like the good room which shows events in history so that kids can meet people to discuss whether they are good or evil. Connie also shows them the assumptive language room which shows a documentary by Carmon Stargazer. Every time he assumes something, a buzzer goes off. These displays were set up to show kids that there absolute truth in God's word. Captain absolutely wakes up and realizes that he is tied up with the shackles of selfishness. Dr. Relative asks Captain absolutely to join him in creating the ultimate lie. Captain Absolutely reveals that Dr. Relative is actually Daren Grey! Dr. Relative gives him a choice of joining him or dying. Jill shows Mr. Beaumont (the leader of the Odyssey Tribune) her story. Mr. Beaumont tells her that the story isn't juicy enough. Jill says that she can't write the story that he wants. Mr. Beaumont tells her that he will still get his story. Leslie then walks in and reveals that she tagged along just to get the scoop. Captain Absolutely says that he won't join Dr. Relative, breaks out of the shackles of selfishness, and arrests Dr. Relative. Jill tells Whit what happened and he congradulates her and asks her to write for his newspaper. Jill readily accepts.
- how do you decide what's true and what isn't in your life?
- How much do TV, school and friends affect your view of the truth?
- What might you do differently if you didn't believe in God?
- How do People decide what is right and and what is wrong?
- Who or what determines whether something is good or evil?
- In the role-playing room, Connie learned about situation ethics. Do you ever use situation ethics?
- How does knowing the truth from God "set you free" (John 8:32)?
- Read Colossians 2:8 and discuss the concept of being held captive through wrong ideas.
- Mr. Mayor's voice sounds a lot like the voice of former United States President George Bush.
Last modified on 28 August 2013, at 14:46↑Jump back a section
- There are either no quotes for this episode, or they are incorrectly formatted. You can help.
- This Page On