St. Paul: An Appointment with Caesar
|St. Paul: Voyage to Rome||St. Paul: An Appointment with Caesar||With a Little Help from My Friends|
It’s KYDS Radio time again. This time, Jack is telling the story. The story he’s chosen is about a young Roman boy named Antoninus; his father, a centurion named Julius; and the remarkable adventure they have when Julius is assigned to take a prisoner, the apostle Paul, to Rome to see Caesar himself!
 Discussion Questions
- Why did Julius have such a problem with Paul and Luke telling Antoninus about Jesus?
- How did Paul know that no one would be killed in the shipwreck?
- Julius offered to let Paul go, but Paul refused. Why?
- If you had been Paul, would you have refused?
- Why wasn’t Paul afraid of Nero?
- To drive home the point that Nero was less then sane, we hear some fun circus-type music when hearing Nero's "unchecked power".
- These episodes conclude the first two stories about the apostle Paul (see St. Paul: The Man from Tarsus & St. Paul: Set Apart by God).
- Toward the end of this episode, Emperor Nero says, "He's my friend! Of course he'll make a good senator!" and in the background we hear a horse. This is probably implying the story of the emperor who put his horse in the senate, but that was Emperor Caligula, not Nero.
 QuotesEmperor Nero: What do you mean the treasury is empty?! There is plenty of wealth in Rome! Simply tax the people more!
Emperor Nero: The people no longer have need of gods! They have-ME!
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=10&epmode=detailed#episode347%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1996.htm#AIO347%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=347%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000480.cfm%7CWhits End