St. Paul: An Appointment with Caesar
|St. Paul: Voyage to Rome||St. Paul: An Appointment with Caesar||With a Little Help from My Friends|
It’s KYDS Radio time again. This time, Jack is telling the story. The story he’s chosen is about a young Roman boy named Antoninus; his father, a centurion named Julius; and the remarkable adventure they have when Julius is assigned to take a prisoner, the apostle Paul, to Rome to see Caesar himself!
This plot section is in need of expanding, you can help.
Please refer to the Manual of Style for how to structure the plot.
- Why did Julius have such a problem with Paul and Luke telling Antoninus about Jesus?
- How did Paul know that no one would be killed in the shipwreck?
- Julius offered to let Paul go, but Paul refused. Why?
- If you had been Paul, would you have refused?
- Why wasn’t Paul afraid of Nero?
- To drive home the point that Nero was less then sane, we hear some fun circus-type music when hearing Nero's "unchecked power".
- These episodes conclude the first two stories about the apostle Paul (see St. Paul: The Man from Tarsus & St. Paul: Set Apart by God).
- Toward the end of this episode, Emperor Nero says, "He's my friend! Of course he'll make a good senator!" and in the background we hear a horse. This is probably implying the story of the emperor who put his horse in the senate, but that was Emperor Caligula, not Nero.
QuotesEmperor Nero: What do you mean the treasury is empty?! There is plenty of wealth in Rome! Simply tax the people more!
Emperor Nero: The people no longer have need of gods! They have-ME!
- This Page On
- http://aiolib.com/episodes.php?season=10&epmode=detailed#episode347%7C Odyssey Library
- http://www.odysseyscoop.com/episodes/Episodes_1996.htm#AIO347%7C Odyssey Scoop
- http://www.aiosoda.com/episodes_view.php?episode=347%7CSoda Fountain
- http://www.whitsend.org/vault/A000000480.cfm%7CWhits End