|Life Trials of the Rich and Famous||Missionary: Impossible||The Great Wishy Woz, Part 1|
Jason Whittaker has just given an exciting slide show about his missionary travels at the Little Theater. Alex thinks that the slide was wonderful and becomes convinced that he should be a missionary too. Sarah tells him about an ad in the paper and gives him the phone number of a missionary organization. He calls and signs up to go to the Nairobi Children's Home. Alex immediately starts learning as much as he can about the culture of Africa. He starts learning Swahili and eating native food (like soggy oatmeal). Nathaniel convinces him that he needs to start raising money. He even convinces him to start taking pictures of himself in warrior clothing standing in front of buildings that look kind of like the places he'll be going. Alex wonders if all of this might be a little deceiving, but Nathaniel assures him it's what he needs to do to raise money. The two of them go door to door around the neighborhood to raise money, but it doesn't seem to be going fast enough. Nathaniel suggests that they could get a great picture of Alex in front of an elephant at the zoo, but they are nearly apprehended by an angry zookeeper.
Back at Whit's End, Alex wants to ask Jason some questions when Jason breaks some news to him. He's talked to the missions organization that Alex signed up with and it turns out that Alex isn't going to Africa. The Nairobi Children's Home isn't in Africa; it's in Connellsville! Alex says that he doesn't want to go anymore. He wants to go to exotic and exciting places, but Jason explains that we need to be missionaries to everyone, not just people in other countries. After his great adventure in Connellsville, Alex gives a rousing slide-show at Whit's End, showing his great adventures at the Children's Home.
- Why was Alex so disappointed when he found out that he wasn't going somewhere far from home?
- Jason pointed out that Alex could be just as much of a missionary to people close to home as he could be to people around the world. What are some ways you can be a missionary to people where you live?
- Have any missionaries ever come to your church?
- Besides giving money, what are some other ways that we can support missionaries?
|Alex Jefferson (b)||Travis Tedford|
|Jason Whittaker||Townsend Coleman|
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
|Nathaniel Graham||Blake Ewing|
|Sarah Prachett||Scarlett Pomers|
- Alex's remark about Star Wars underwear got some negative responses from parents who thought his line was inappropriate. Thus they never brought it up again.
- This is Jason Whittaker's first episode since Malachi's Message, Part 3.
- The title for this episode is taken from the movie series, Mission: Impossible
QuotesJason Whittaker: So, let me guess. You're wearing the torn shirt and pants that are too big so people will feel bad for you and give you more money?
Alex Jefferson: Kinda. I noticed you did that on Sunday with that ratty tie and the mismatched shirt. It has a nice... needy effect to it.
Jason Whittaker: Ratty tie? I love that tie!
- This Page On