For the Fun of It
|The American Revelation, Part 2||For the Fun of It||The Pact, Part 1|
Talia Bassett decides to spend a week with her uncle Wooton to get back at her father Wellington, Wooton's twin brother. Talia finds, however, that her father has taken all of her credit cards and money, so she has to actually spend time with Wooton instead of at the mall.
At first, Talia is put off by Wooton's childish ways and odd diet. She can’t stand all the crazy stops he makes on his mail route, and she’s even covered with mud after helping to wash a dog. Wooton says, "If your father could see you now..." This makes Talia pause, realizing that he’d be furious. Talia decides she wants to do everything Wooton is doing, just to spite her father. She dresses like Wooton, plays in the mud, and eats crazy ice cream sundaes. She even gets chased around Trickle Lake by a crazy old man (who turns out to be just Mr. Whittaker in disguise). Wooton explains that he just wanted her to have fun and be a kid for once. Talia tells him about trying to do all these things just to get back at her father, but Wooton tells her what a great person her father is. The week soon ends and Talia heads back to her father, but with a different attitude than when she left.
 Discussion Questions
- Why did Talia decide to go to Wooton's house instead of etiquette school?
- Why didn't Talia have much time to "be a kid" before she came to Wooton's house?
- What are some fun things that you can do to enjoy life now instead of wishing you were older?
- Was it right for Talia to lie to her father?
|John Whittaker||Paul Herlinger|
|Mrs. Randolph||Chris Anthony|
|Talia Bassett||Jade Angelica|
|Wellington Bassett||Dale Inghram|
|Wooton Bassett||Jess Harnell|
- This episode contains a clue to the later discovery that Wooton writes the PowerBoy comics as revealed in #585: “The Poor Rich Guy”. When Talia says the artwork in one of the comics is "superb", Wooton replies, "Well, thanks!" but quickly corrected himself, "I mean, I'm glad you like it."
- The Washington family are neighbors with the Rathbone family, who are neighbors with Wooton and also neighbors with the Straussberg Family. Therefore Wooton lives across town from Mrs. Randolph.
 QuotesWooton Bassett: Hey, remember how you used to laugh when I crossed my eyes and did this? (Spit kinda noise) Or this? (Car noise) Or how about when we rubbed noses while I went erwanga erwanga, erwanga wanga wanga!!
Talia Bassett: The Last time you saw me I was three months old. So, now-will you please remove your nose from mine?
Wooton Bassett: Talia! Breakfast is ready! <banging gong>
Talia Bassett: Really, Uncle Wooton is all that racket necessary?
Wooton Bassett: Yeah, it's a breakfast gong.
Talia Bassett: A souvenir from overseas?
Wooton Bassett: Nope, Gongs'R'Us.
Talia Bassett: You just offered me a completely repulsive, jellybean and corn chip casserole, but you don't allow caffeine?
Wooton Bassett: Nope! Caffeine'll kill ya. The last time I drank it I started talking so fast I almost swallowed my tongue.
Wooton Bassett: Let me help you with your luggage. Then I've got a surprise for you in the car.
Bradford: A surprise? Oh, I do hope it's not a pony again, sir.
Wooton Bassett: Not unless ponies come in cans. <snorts>
Wooton Bassett: Come on, climb over this net!
Talia Bassett: Ok. Net? Why is there a net in the forest?
Wooton Bassett: Oh, probably some careless fisherman?
Wellington Bassett: Go ahead. Call your uncle, and enjoy.
Talia Bassett: Fine, I will. Hello? Uncle Wooton...
Wooton Bassett: Sorry 'bout that, Whit. I had to prove I could blow a bubble bigger than my head and the copier was broken.
Wellington Bassett: Talia, you're not...Wootonized, are you?
Talia Bassett: Horse is a dog?
Wooton Bassett: Uh- yeah, Mrs. Randolf has two dogs, one is named dog and she didn't want to mix them up.
- This Page On