|Nova Rising||B-TV: Obedience||The W.E.|
A B-TV broadcast featuring skits about obedience.
It's another exciting, fun-filled episode of BTV! This time, the topics obedience and the show takes place at FouFou's Obedience school for pets. The show includes a "What Were You Thinking?!?" segment about the disobedient Achan, a bit about the Old Testament laws, and an "And You Think You've Got Problems" section with Isaac. We learn about Gideon and how he was obedient to God's direction, even when it sounded crazy. Whit shows up to tell the story of Naaman, who followed some strange advice and Pat Filgis plays a round of "Who Wants to Be Obedient?"
NOTE: Even though the above description is the official description of BTV: Obedience as found on whitsend.org, the episode actually does NOT contain either the "What Were You Thinking" segment with Achan or the "And You Think You've Got Problems" with Isaac.
 Discussion Questions
- Why do you think Gideon obeyed God's advice?
- What was the outcome of Gideon's battle?
- Why didn't Naaman want to follow Elijah's advice on healing his leaprosy?
- The Ten Commandments tell us to obey God. Who else do they tell us to obey?
- This has been the only AIO episode (so far) written with the 'team approach' where different parts of the show were assigned to different writers. (And, of course, it has twice as many writers listed in the credits as any other show.) It also used shorties from the past season.
- Pat Filgis says Adam and Eve are from "a long time ago, in garden far, far away." Star Wars occurs "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away..."
- This is the only episode that contains a "Candid Conversations With Connie" that's not on Kids Radio.
- VERSION DIFFERENCE: The album version of this episode included more material than the broadcast version. A 'Poetry Corner' with Edwin Blackgaard was included.
- The "shorty" Ancient World of Sports: Gideon's Pitch is included in this episode.
- In the intro, Bernard tries to get Connie to obey and she suggests Bernard get Eugene to do it. Bernard says he couldn't get Eugene to do it either.
- "Is That Your Final Answer" comes from the Millionaire game show which was once hosted by Regis Philbin.
- "Pat Philgis" is a reference to Pat Sajak and Regis Philbin.
- This was the last episode to feature any involvement (writing, directing or acting) from Phil Lollar until Parts 9, 11 and 12 of Album 53: The Green Ring Conspiracy.
 QuotesPat Philgis: Sorry, Jonah. But our consolation prize is a trip to the middle of the ocean where you'll enjoy some deep sea diving while whale watching.
Pat Philgis: ...Adam and Eve, uh, I don't seem to have your last name here.
Pat Philgis: Adam and Eve...Smith
Pat Philgis: And from not quite as ancient Israel is Jonah. Uh...no last name either?
Jonah: RRRRR Smith
Schlemiel: Excuse me there, Mose.
Moses: What is it, Schlemiel?
Schlemiel: I'm not really in to rules, man.
Bob Field: I'm Bob Field in the field.
Bob Booth: And I'm Bob Booth in the booth.
- This Page On