B-TV explores the topic of obedience with sketches about the biblical characters Gideon, Naaman, and Moses.
This plot section is in need of expanding, you can help.
Please refer to the Manual of Style for how to structure the plot.
- Why do you think Gideon obeyed God's advice?
- What was the outcome of Gideon's battle?
- Why didn't Naaman want to follow Elijah's advice on healing his leaprosy?
- The Ten Commandments tell us to obey God. Who else do they tell us to obey?
- This has been the only AIO episode (so far) written with the 'team approach' where different parts of the show were assigned to different writers. (And, of course, it has twice as many writers listed in the credits as any other show.) It also used shorties from the past season.
- Pat Filgis says Adam and Eve are from "a long time ago, in garden far, far away." Star Wars occurs "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away..."
- This is the only episode that contains a "Candid Conversations With Connie" that's not on Kids Radio.
- VERSION DIFFERENCE: The album version of this episode included more material than the broadcast version. A 'Poetry Corner' with Edwin Blackgaard was included.
- The "shorty" Ancient World of Sports: Gideon's Pitch is included in this episode.
- In the intro, Bernard tries to get Connie to obey and she suggests Bernard get Eugene to do it. Bernard says he couldn't get Eugene to do it either.
- "Is that your final answer" comes from the Millionaire game show which was once hosted by Regis Philbin.
- "Pat Philgis" is a reference to Pat Sajak and Regis Philbin.
- This was the last episode to feature any involvement (writing, directing or acting) from Phil Lollar until Parts 9, 11 and 12 of Album 53: The Green Ring Conspiracy.
QuotesPat Philgis: Sorry, Jonah. But our consolation prize is a trip to the middle of the ocean where you'll enjoy some deep sea diving while whale watching.
Pat Philgis: ...Adam and Eve, uh, I don't seem to have your last name here.
Pat Philgis: Adam and Eve...Smith
Pat Philgis: And from not quite as ancient Israel is Jonah. Uh...no last name either?
Jonah: RRRRR Smith
Schlemiel: Excuse me there, Mose.
Moses: What is it, Schlemiel?
Schlemiel: I'm not really in to rules, man.
Bob Field: I'm Bob Field in the field.
Bob Booth: And I'm Bob Booth in the booth.